I really haven’t been checking my comments lately because it turns out that I’ve missed two award nominations. I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by MyTinyObsessions (https://tinyobsessions.wordpress.com/) and then I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition award by impossiblegirl 123 from Life and Other Disasters (https://theimpossiblegirlblog.wordpress.com/). Huge thanks to you both – I think you are both awesome 😉 I’m going to be the tasks for both awards in this one post, so scroll down to find out some more things about me AND who I’m going to nominate 🙂
Let’s start with the Real Neat Blog Award, because I was nominated for that one first.
The rules are quite simple:
1. Thank and tag back the blogger who nominated you (which I have done above)
2. Answer the questions he/she did to you
Where would you rather spend a vacation? Beach? Mountain? City? Why?
Definitely in a city, which is very ironic considering all of my holidays have been in a remote coastal area of Wales. I really want to do more travelling – especially around Europe and the USA – and I really want to go to some of the bigger cities of the world, because there is so much to do and explore and I think there are so many different areas within cities that they always have something to suit you.
If you got stranded in a desert island, which 3 items would you like to have with you?
This is so difficult…I think one would be a radio, because then I might be able to keep some of my sanity. Some kind of guide book, maybe from Ray Mears of Bear Grills that might help me stay alive. And this third one might sound a little weird, but a bobble/hair band to keep my mass of curly hair away from my face.
What’s your biggest celebrity crush? Why?
MANY MANY PEOPLE ARE MY CELEBRITY CRUSHES. At this moment in time, I’m liking Ben Barnes (as per usual) Keira Knightly (as per usual) Taylor Swift (who I adore) and Charlie Weber (he’s amazing in HTGAWM)
Coke or Pepsi? Or “what are you talking about, there’s no difference”?
Neither is the honest answer – I hate all fizzy drinks…a controversial opinion, I know!
Favorite time of the year? Why?
Fall/Autumn! It’s my birthday and my brother’s birthday in November and although I do love the sun, I always feel more at home in the fall – or autumn…
Name a music that reminds you of your childhood?
The Mary Poppins soundtrack! I used to watch the film literally every week at my Grandparents house and I think that is where my love for musicals sprouted from.
You can only pick ONE book to read (forever), what would it be?
Again, SO DIFFICULT, but I think it would have to be Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins…that book changed my life.
3. Nominate 7 bloggers
https://tomeraidersblog.wordpress.com/ – Tome Raiders
https://bookaddictkels.wordpress.com/ – Book Nerd Kels
https://avidreadersmediocrewriters.wordpress.com/ – Avid Readers, Mediocre Writers
https://josiethebookworm.wordpress.com/ – Josie’s Book Corner
https://brittanymariereads.wordpress.com/ – Brittanymariereads
https://booksnacksblog.wordpress.com/ – Book Snacks
https://alexsigsworth.wordpress.com/ – Writers Dispatch
4. Ask 7 questions for them to answer
1) If you could live in any place in the world where would it be? Why?
2) What is your worst habit?
3) Name something that you lost that you wish you could have again.
4) You’ve decided to get a take-away or a take-out: what do you order?
5) Favourite month of the year?
6) 3 material objects that you can’t live without.
7) If the world was ending, how would you spend your final day?
AND now onto the Blogger Recognition Award 😉
So here are the rules:
•Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to – I’m going to pick five other blogs, as I don’t tend to follow too many people:
http://anchoredtosunshine.com/ – Anchored To Sunshine
http://silverscreentalks.com/ – Silver Screen Talks
http://mytvfamily.com/ – My TV Family
http://bookboundbrunette.com/ – Bookboundbrunette
https://whitneyreads97.wordpress.com/ – Whitneyreads97
– Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
I started this blog on September 13th 2014 – 10 whole months ago – really just as a way for me to rant about the things that I like – and some of the things that I don’t like – and in the hope that I might be able to help someone find something new to feel equally passionate about. A load of my friends had had blogs in the past but had abandoned them within a matter of months. And at first it was hard. I hardly had any views – and likes and comments were un-heard of. Slowly but surely, more people began reading my stuff and those views kept increasing. Now, I’m at this stage where I am getting nominated for crazy awards and I’m talking (virtually) to awesome people! So..
1) STICK AT IT – I know it seems hard at first but I think if you want to make it work, then you will, the only way to make it work is to keep it going. No one wants to read a dead blog!
2) HAVE A REGULAR SCHEDULE – I upload 4 times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, and doing this gives your audience initiative to keep checking up on your blog. It also gives you some motivation to write a post as you know that everyone is expecting a new post to be up.
– Thank the person who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog (as done above). List who you’ve nominated in the post and notify them.
– Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night(http://eveofnight.blogspot.co.nz/2014/10/lets-celebrate-whos-up-for-award.html) That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Again, thank you SO SO SO SO much for nominating me – My Tiny Obsessions and impossiblegirl123 – and thank YOU everyone who has been reading this blog for the last 10 months that it has been live!