If you live in another part of the world – mainly the USA and Canada – then Thanksgiving will be quickly approaching. But, I live in England and over here we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving but I really do like the idea of sharing some things that I’m thankful for. Firstly, I want to thank the lovely Kat @Life and Other Disasters for tagging me!
Share this image in your blog post.
Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for.
Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for.
Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part.
5 People I’m Thankful For:
1) My parents – I know that a lot of people are thankful for their parents but I especially am because they’ve been so supportive of all my choices so far in my life and my mum is probably the kindest, most patient person in the world and my dad is definitely the most strong-willed and opinionated. I know that with my sarcasm and ideals, I can be a bit of a handful sometimes and they are just the best.
2) My little brother – When he’s driving me up the wall and attacking me with cushions, I might not be thinking the best of him but I definitely can’t imagine my life without him. With our seven year age gap, we often have different wants and needs but I’m still so thankful for the humour that he brings into my life.
3) My friends – I’ve got quite a large group of friends, although I’m definitely closer to some rather than others, but each and every one of them affects my life positively in some way. Whether that is keeping my company in a dance class, also being ready for a last minute party on my birthday or really bring out the best in me, I’m thankful to every single one of them.
4) Stephanie Perkins – How could I not thank the author of my favourite book of all time? Anna and the French Kiss opened up a whole new world of romance for me to fall in love with and was probably one of the biggest factors in encouraging me in my hobby of writing.
5) Taylor Swift – Another massive influence in my life is Taylor Swift and not just for her music. It’s for her style and her personality and just her entire outlook on life. I love her and I’ll never think a bad word against her.
5 Things I’m Thankful For:
1) Books – One of the most important things in my life for certain, books are the foundations of who I am as a person. They are my childhood and my teenage years and definitely the rest of my life. They’re a source of love and adventure for me, and life would be much more boring without books.
2) Films – Another part of my childhood was sitting down at the weekend and watching something from my dad’s extensive collection – and it was usually either Batman or Star Wars. This was such a huge part of me growing up and was something that made me so happy.
3) Ham and Pineapple Pizza – This is another source of happiness for me and I know that this might not be the healthiest but this is definitely my pizza of choice and, I feel, an important part of my character.
4) Music – I’ve always been a very musical person and even though I don’t play the piano anymore, that doesn’t mean I’ve lost my love of listening to music. I think this is another thing I’ve got from my dad, although his tastes can vary from classic rock to 80s pop.
5) Dance – I’ve been dancing for almost a decade and even though it’s not going to be a career choice for me, I’ve loved every second that I’ve been doing it. Yes, it’s tough and sometimes I get annoyed with myself but I love losing myself in the music.