Back again for some more great quotes!
1) Amy: This one says Die Pig. And worst of all, they didn’t put the comma between die and pig. (Brooklyn Nine Nine)
2) Peter Quill: You look like Mary Poppins.
Yondu: Is he cool?
Peter Quill: Hell yeah, he’s cool.
Yondu: I’m Mary Poppins, y’all!
(Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
3) Prince: [dancing with her] What? What is it?
Belle: [smiles] How’d you feel about growing a beard?
(Beauty and the Beast)
It’s time again for me to share some of my favourite quotes from films, books and TV shows! But this time, it’s a film special with my two biggest film obsessions over the last two weeks – Legally Blonde and Love Actually!
1) Warner Huntington III: You got into Harvard Law?
Elle Woods: What? Like, it’s hard?
– Legally Blonde (2001)
2) Karen: So what’s this big news, then?
Daisy: [excited] We’ve been given our parts in the nativity play. And I’m the lobster.
Karen: The lobster?
Karen: In the nativity play?
Daisy: [beaming] Yeah, *first* lobster.
Karen: There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?
3) Prime Minister: Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion’s starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don’t see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it’s not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it’s always there – fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge – they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling you’ll find that love actually is all around.
This time around, it’s a Shakespeare special!
1) “All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.”
—Jaques in As You Like It
2) “Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win,
By fearing to attempt.”
—Lucio in Measure for Measure
3) “Swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon,
That monthly changes in her circled orb,
Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.”
—Juliet in Romeo and Juliet
‘How could she just leave me here to live without her? I miss her so much. I love her. I want her to grow up and become who she was meant to be. I wanted her to grow up with me.’
― Ava Dellaira, Love Letters to the Dead
Doctor ‘Bones’ McCoy: We could be mauled to death by an interstellar monster.
Captain James T. Kirk: That’s the spirit, Bones.
– Star Trek: Beyond (2016)
‘Don’t you ever let a man tell you who you are or make you feel like you are less than he is.’
– Sister Jude, American Horror Story: Asylum
1) ‘Nobody calls men “men” anymore. Have you noticed? Women went from “girls” to “women.” Men went from “men” to “boys?” This is a problem in the big picture. Do you know what I mean?’ – Jules Ostin, The Intern
2) “What do you know about my parents?” His voice pierces through me, and it’s as though I can feel it, tugging outward on the tender spot at the hollow of my neck.
“Nothing! Other than that they raised a madman!”
― Kiersten White, Illusions of Fate
3) Terry: Don’t let Rosa fool you, she’s not that scary. She used to do ballet.
Sam: No way.
Rosa: Which gave me the physical skills I need to strangle you with my feet. – Brooklyn Nine Nine
‘They say that talking about a trauma, that it helps. That and jogging, two things that make me feel like crap.’ Jessica Jones, AKA Jessica Jones.
‘I will not fail so you can be comfortable, Cathy. I will not lose because you can’t win.’ Jamie Wellerstein, The Last 5 Years.
‘Right. I’m sure that poor etiquette is the number one reason for most failed revolutions.’ Cress, Marissa Meyer.
Time for some more funny, inspiring and beautiful quotes!
‘It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.’ JK Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
‘I know my value. Anyone else’s opinion doesn’t really matter.’ Peggy Carter, Agent Carter.
‘Christie, look at me. I want you to remember something, because a lot of times people get nice things and they start to think differently. We got here from hard work, patience and humility. So I want to tell you, don’t ever think that the world owes you anything, because it doesn’t. The world doesn’t owe you a thing.’ Joy Mangano, Joy.